It feels great to be back! We have so many exciting things planned this summer and we can’t wait to share it all with you.
If you like the jewelry in this post you may want to go check out Rocksbox. You can even get your first month free if you use the code MGPXOXO at checkout!
Michaela & Grace
If you are in need of some last minute gift ideas, then you have come to the right place! Food is probably one of the best things you can give your significant other because I mean who doesn’t like food. I have come up with 4 easy treats that will make anyone smile this Valentine’s Day! I’m even planning on giving some of these treats to my boyfriend this year! Hope you all have a great day tomorrow spent with the ones you love!
Pretzel Hershey Kisses
- Hershey’s Kisses
- Valentine’s M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels on the paper and top each of them with a kiss.
- Bake for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate is shiny and soft, but not melting. They should still hold their shape.
- Carefully place an M&M in the center of each kiss and press down to spread the chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator to allow them to harden.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- 1 pound strawberries
- Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls.
- Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth.
- Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl.
- Set strawberries on the parchment paper.
- Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries. *You could also use food color to dye the white chocolate like we did*
- Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
Heart Shaped Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
OR 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Recipe courtesy of Rice Krispies
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Wafers
- white melting chocolate
- wafer cookies
- variety of Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- parchment or wax paper
- Start by melting your chocolate as directed on package.
- While you are waiting for the chocolate to melt, gather your sprinkles and wafers. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. This will prevent sticking while they dry.
- Once chocolate is melted, dip the top half of a wafer cookie.
- Quickly sprinkle on your chosen sprinkles.
- Lay wafers on wax paper. My wafers were totally dry within 35 minutes, but this may vary on what melting chocolate you use.
Don’t have time to get into the kitchen? Stick with one of these gift ideas and you’re golden!